- 2023 OUTLINE -
The purpose of event
By evaluating and broadcasting photography related to 'Kemono', we are aiming to rediscover the charm of photography and to contribute to the prosperity of Kemono-photography culture.
August 1st, 2022 (Monday) ～ November 30st, 2022 (Wednesday) Japan time 23:59
The competition is open to everyone, whether professional or amateur and regardless of nationality, Person who does not live in Japan also may entry.
Please refer to this page for Jury.
Best Fashion Award:
This award is for works that "quality" and "idea" of clothes and accessories were considered the best. (Limited to clothing and accessories related to the Theme)
Best Messageful Award:
This award is for works that "has appealed a meaningful message." as our intention to rediscover the charm of photography.
Best Lighting Award:
This award is for works that are taking advantage of natural light (the sun), or the lighting equipment, such as Electronic Flash as a representation tool.
Best Composition Award:
This award is for works that took best advantages of the photograph composition by devising a character placement and photography techniques.
This award is presented to the best of all entries by public vote.
This award is for the most outstanding work from all entry.
Nomination works will be announced on the website on the day of the award ceremony.
Awarded works will be announced and presented at the award ceremony in the event "Japan Meeting of Furries" held in Toyohashi, Aichi Prefecture, Japan in January 2023.
All nominated works and awarded works will be presented at ARTIST LOUNGE in the same event.
Japan Furries Photo Competition Executive Committee
- Entry Guidelines -
- Entry is limited to original works that have not formerly been displayed or exhibited and to which the entrant holds all applicable rights.
Works that have won prizes in other competitions or that have been submitted to other competitions currently underway are not eligible. Works that are entered in other competitions after submitting to this competition will not be eligible. You can submit works that have previously been uploaded to personal albums online or that have been posted to your personal website and twitter for non-commercial purposes.
- Maximum submission is 20 pieces of work in photography.
- Image data files created with any digital device including smartphones, digital still cameras (including medium and large-format cameras).
- Images that have been retouched using software or by other means will be accepted. Retouched photography using camera app or photo editing app is also accepted. Both color and monochrome images will be accepted. We will not be accepting any entries taken on film. Scans of photographs taken by film cameras are not eligible.
- File size: Up to 10 MB per work
- File format: JPEG/72dpi recommended
- The standard color space for the judging process is sRGB.
How to Enter
After carefully reading all the information on the web page, click the "Entry" button at the bottom, fill out the entry form, upload your work and submit.
Notification of award winners
- Winners will be notified to their registered email addresses by late December 2022.
- Please note that if we could not receive your response within 5 days after our notification e-mail, whether due to server malfunction or any other cause, will result in disqualification.
- Entrants should therefore notify the organizer of any changes to their e-mail addresses using the entry page on this website.
- The organizer cannot be responsible for any disadvantages that may arise as the result of inability to receive e-mail.
- Entries and the persons depicted therein are restricted to works for which the entrant holds the copyright or for the use of which the entrant has received the prior permission of the right holder. The entrant is responsible for taking all steps necessary to protect the rights of persons depicted, including but not limited to obtaining their permission. Entrants are responsible for the resolution of any legal issues arising from their works and agree to pay any costs thereby incurred. The organizer reserves the right to disallow entries that depict brand logos or other intellectual property, whether on signs or posters or in other forms, or that in its judgment are harmful to the public order, violate standards of decency or are contrary to the goals of the competition. Entrants must also hold all applicable rights to the final image, including any retouching or other image processing.
- Entries are only accepted through the Internet.
- Entering the competition constitutes agreement to competition terms and conditions. The organizer reserves the right of final judgment concerning items not expressly stated in the competition terms and conditions. Entrants who do not consent to the organizer's decisions may withdraw from the competition. All costs associated with withdrawal from the competition are to be borne by the participant.
- The organizer may elect to suspend or postpone receipt of any or all entries if in its judgment the competition cannot be run smoothly, securely or without affecting the fairness of the judging due to circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to computer viruses or unauthorized access to its servers.
- Please note that no response shall be given to any inquiries or claims regarding the jury decisions.
- Although entries are handled with the greatest possible care, the organizer does not accept responsibility for accidents, damage or loss during upload.
- The organizer does not accept responsibility for damages arising from or related to circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to computer viruses or unauthorized access to its servers.
- Save where they are due to the organizer's malice or gross negligence, the organizer does not accept liability for damages or other harm suffered by entrants as a result of their participation in the competition.
- Entrants are required to obtain the prior permission and consent of the persons who are portrayed in their works or who hold the copyright or other intellectual property rights to the works or the items portrayed therein.
- Entrants agree to fully indemnify the organizer and accept all responsibility for any third-party complaints or claims concerning copyright or other intellectual property rights infringement or damages arising from the works submitted.
Although entrants retain the copyright and other equivalent rights to their entries, the organizer retains the rights listed below under "Organizer's Rights."
- The organizer reserves the right to publish entries to its public social networking service accounts throughout the submission period in order to publicize the competition. Such publication does not guarantee an award of any kind. The organizer reserves the right to publish all entries onto its website and social networking service accounts after the first round of judging. Some entries may be cropped for publication.
- With the objective of publicizing the competition, the organizer reserves in perpetuity the non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, make public, display, print, distribute and screen winning entries on websites and public social networking service accounts, in photo exhibitions, without further compensation to or the additional prior consent of the entries' creators.
- The organizer will display the names of the winners and the titles of the winning entries on its websites and public social networking service accounts, at photo exhibitions, and in other locations where the works are shown.
- With the objective of accomplishing the goals outlined in the foregoing clause, the organizer may (a) display the winning entries in whole or in part on websites or public social networking service accounts under its administration, with or without the addition of graphical effects, sound effects or music and (b) employ the winning entries in whole or in part in the creation of posters, tickets and pamphlets promoting photo exhibitions and other events. The winners agree not to exercise rights to works so used.
- Upon agreement with the creator, the organizer reserves in perpetuity the non-exclusive right to publish, reproduce, make public, display, print, distribute and screen winning entries with labels identifying them as winners of the Japan Furries Photo Competition, without further compensation.
- Entries that in the judgment of the organizer do not conform to the entry requirements will be disqualified. Entrants will not be notified in this event. In the event that a winner is disqualified after a prize is awarded, the award may be revoked and the entrant requested to return the prize.
- The terms and conditions of entry shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- Any disputes between entrants and the organizer shall be referred to the Koshigaya Summary Court.